Terms and condition
CCDB administers this portal to disseminate climate change knowledge generated from partners, networks, members, individuals and other stakeholders.
This portal considers any intellectual digital contents as knowledge materials which can be fitted under either the thematic or the non-thematic areas of this platform.
The thematic areas are-
- Data(including numeric data, information, map, image, audio, video and visual presentation)
The non-thematic areas are-
Collaborate with us
Our Climate Knowledge Portal is interactive and allows open access to most of its areas for all users: You can navigate through the portal and download information. As a user, you can also contribute to the portal by uploading information. Information suggested by you for upload needs clearance by our content manager before it will appear on our portal. If you want to submit info for upload.
You can also register for e-learning to attend online-courses or webinars.
Our Forum is a special area of the Climate Knowledge Portal with online discussion channels on issues of particular interest around community-based adaptation and mitigation, a question and answer service, a technology exchange platform, a messenger service and profiles of experts that can be contacted by users who search for specific advice around community-centered climate action. Become a member of the Climate Knowledge Portal and you get access to the Forum, its targeted technical assistance, exchange and capacity-building services. Join a large network of members who are all engaged in community-based climate action as practitioners, experts, scientists, or community members! Individuals and organizations can apply for membership to the Climate Knowledge Portal. Membership is free of charge. As a member, you are expected to endorse our Vision and Mission Statement. Members are encouraged to pro-actively contribute to the further development of our Portal by sharing information and taking part in our discussions.
Become a Partners:
As a partner you have the privilege to contribute to shaping the further development of the Climate Knowledge Portal. Partners provide financial support, fill knowledge gaps, and give advice.
Their logo will be placed in the Partners area of this portal. Their news will be published in the Partners News area. To learn more how to become a partner please contact email@example.com
All the findings, interpretations, data, information and conclusions expressed in the materials available on this portal are the views and opinions of the authors or publishers or institutions. CCDB is not responsible or liable for such issues in any ways unless expressly stated otherwise.
All the materials and contents available on this portal either received or posted by any individuals or institutions are subject to agree the following terms and conditions at all time:
Uploading Paid Contents:
The portal would upload ‘paid contents’ using a secure link. Partners, members or publishers who wish to upload paid contents are requested to complete a mutual agreement with CCDB regarding the suitable payment method.
Intellectual property rights:
The authors or institutions or publishers of the contents available on this portal reserve the sole ownership rights and liabilities of any data, information, post, software use, texts, displays, images, audio visual interpretations, design and other intellectual arrangements. Any contents or materials in relation to either the thematic or the non-thematic areas will always be acknowledged and cited if used with prior consent from the owners.
Obligation to use:
By using the portal, the users agree to oblige the following conditions:
- the site can only be used for lawful and non-commercial purposes unless stated otherwise upon mutual documentary agreement
- not to violate any applicable local and international law or encourage or provoke other to do so.
- not to impersonate, defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rightssuch as rights of privacy and publicity of others.
- Not to post any offensive, unethical or unlawful material(s) or information for any communities or groups
- Not to upload any knowledge contents misrepresenting identity
- Not to collect or store personal information about anyone for any misuse or unlawful use
- Not to publish any promotional contents without our prior consent
- Not to upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computers or any devices.
- Not to delete any author attributions, legal notices, or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Not to falsify the origin or source material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Not to distribute any contents that is legally prohibited.
- Not attempting to gain unauthorized access to the servers or devices in relation to this portal by any means of use from any locations which can be treated unlawful by the applicable cyber security laws.
The users of the portalfurther warrant that:
- Any uploadedknowledge materials are public, non-confidential and non-private communications.
- The ownership rights of any post belong to the authors/institutions/publishers having affiliation privileges for further use by any relevant stakeholders.
- All the posts comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Contents uploaded on the portal are not endorsed by CCDB. Published contents should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CCDB. However, CCDB solely reserves the right to review, reject, or remove any contents at any time for any or no reason whatsoever with or without noticing the authors/institutions/publishers/uploaders.
- The Portal may or may not review Materials that you Post, but it shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to review, reject, or remove any and all Posts at any time for any or no reason whatsoever with or without notice to you.
- Any contents available on the portal shall be accessible for the staff members and affiliates of CCDB without any royalty and shall also have the right to use with proper citation for non-commercial purposes.
- The authors/institutions/publishers/uploaders shall always comply the Bangladesh Copyright Act 2000 and other applicable international regulations for copyright.
- Knowledge contents uploaded by authors/institutions/publishers/uploaders may be disseminated to the social media platforms of this portal.
Complaints submission procedure:
At any point if it is materialized by any individual that the intellectual or proprietorship ownership have been violated on the portal by any submitted contents please contact us:
Christian Commission for Development in Bangladesh (CCDB)
88, Senpara Parbata, Mirpur 10, Dhaka 1216, Bangladesh
Tel: +880 2-48036370-3
Fax: +880 2 9020227
The concerned authority will address any complaints on due course.