CCDB believes you have a fundamental right to privacy on the web, and we work to protect your security online. This policy applies toCCDB Climate Portal. We will always seek your approval for other use of your data if your consent is not covered by this policy.
This website privacy statement is designed to give general information, seeking to meet the requirements of the Bangladesh Digital Security Act 2018 to individuals whose personal data CCDB collects in their capacity as visitor/member/partner to this website.
CCDB is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy statement sets out the basis on which CCDB will process any personal information that we may collect about you as a visitor to our website or, as the case may be, otherwise provided to CCDB. We therefore ask you to read this privacy statement carefully.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us: This is the information about you that you give to us by: (i) making use of our website and the options on our website (e.g. in the event you make a donation), (ii) subscribing to the receipt of updates or newsletter by email, (iii) contacting us for information or help, (iv) signing your
name on a list of signatures, (v) becoming a donor via other ways than the internet, (vi) participating in the Climate Portal’s activities, (vii) responding to any survey on this portal, or (viii) providing information through third party websites or apps provided that you explicitly gave your consent to the applicability of this privacy statement through such third party website or app. It may include, for example, your name, address, email address or telephone number.
- Information that our website and other systems collect about you:
- If you visit our website, third parties (Google Analytics) will collect some information about you and your visit, such as your browser type and version and the pages on our site that you visit. Google Analytics will not collect the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet. You can request Google to provide an extraction of your data related to this website. This information can be used for statistical purposes and will help us improve our website.
- Our website may also download “cookies” to your device – this is described in our (below).
- If you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications (including comments on this website) with CCDB employees, information technology systems will record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content.
- Information that third parties collect about you on our website by performing actions: This is information about you that you give to third parties (such as Facebook, Google, Twitter and Linkedin) by making use of the social network sharing buttons and widgets available on our website.
- Information that third parties collect about you on our website by browsing it: This is information about you recorded / tracked by third parties just by making use of the website itself, such as navigating from one page to another (this event will be tracked) or by viewing an embedded Facebook video (if you are logged into Facebook) .
The use of your information we collect
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- to make your actions known on our website and to third parties. For example, your name may appear together with your comments on our website.
- to send you updates and alerts by email, mail, instant messaging, push notifications or telephone.
We will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes described above. In doing so, we will consider the balance between your privacy and our interest in processing and refrain from processing if your privacy interest overrides our legitimate interest.
In exceptional circumstances we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary and there will be no implications if you decline to provide the information.
Disclosure and international transfer of your information
We may disclose personal information about you where we have obtained your consent;
- to service providers who host our website or other information technology systems or otherwise hold or process your information on our behalf, under at least the same level of strict conditions of confidentiality and security;
- to judicial authorities or other public authorities, in case our legal or moral responsibility compels us to do so (e.g. if you express intent about performing a terrorist activity);
- or litigation counterparties, in any country or territory, although only if we are legally required to do so and have no satisfactory basis or prospect to challenge disclosure.
These disclosures may involve transferring your personal information overseas. In those cases, where we transfer personal data to our service providers, we will ensure that our arrangements with them are governed by data transfer agreements or mechanisms, designed to ensure that your personal information is protected.
Please contact us (see below) if you would like to know whether any such agreements are in place or, if so, to see a copy.
Retention and deletion of your information
CCDB intends to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. We will delete the information that we hold about you when we no longer need it.
We will retain your information for no longer than 2 years after our most recent communication with you, after which it will be deleted or anonymized, unless we have a legal obligation to retain it for a longer period. Contact us for more information. However, in any case, any of your data and information are to be found in our database beyond the timeframe mentioned above by any technical issues, CCDB will ensure the deletion of the data or information upon immediate detection or notification.
You may have a right of access to the personal information that we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law.
- You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be corrected or deleted.
- You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes at any time and you may have the right to object to our processing of some or all of your personal information (and require them to be deleted) in some other circumstances.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us section as set out below. We are obliged to request proof of identity before access to your personal information is given and subject to the verification of such claims.
If you would like us to remove your information from our mailing list, you can click the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we sent to you or contact us as set out below.
You can also lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal information with the body regulating data protection in your country.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. Our donation pages are secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the Internet in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery.
Only employees who require to access information about supporters and website visitors to perform their work are granted access to your personal data.
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement and our processing of personal information.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via:
Christian Commission for Development in Bangladesh (CCDB)
88, Senpara Parbata, Mirpur 10, Dhaka 1216, Bangladesh
Tel: +880 2-48036370-3
Fax: +880 2 9020227
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to this privacy statement in the future will be posted to our website and also available if you contact us as set out above.
Please check back frequently to see any changes.
Last updated: 7 January 2021